DAYTON, OHIO(November 30, 2017) – News Center 7 was rated the top newscast in Dayton in the November sweeps, according to Nielson Media research. Additionally, WHIO-TV grew its audience by:
- 11% at 4:30am
- 8% at 5:00am
- 4% at 5:30am
- 5% at noon
- 1% at 5:00 pm
“Our multi-media newsroom is laser focused on giving the people of the Miami Valley the news, weather and information they count on every single day. I am so proud of our team and their commitment to the communities we serve, it’s their hard work and talent that enables us to have these incredible ratings,” said Market Vice President Rob Rohr.
From early morning to late night, more viewers depended on News Center 7 for breaking news and weather than any other station. Other impressive statistics from the research study were:
- From 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. News Center 7 delivered an impressive 77 percent of the available local news viewers which is MORE THAN FOUR TIMES the nearest competitor.
- WHIO-TV has 38,000 households watching, while the nearest competitor has 8,000.
- News Center 7 at Noon remains one of the highest-rated newscasts in the country, delivering to 72,000 households each day, PLUS it grew five percent year-over-year!
- From 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., News Center 7 delivered 75 percent of available news viewers, delivering 70,000 households, which is 55,000 MORE than the nearest competitor.
- At 11:00 p.m., News Center 7 delivered 69 percent of available news viewers, broadcasting to 51,000 households and exceeding the closest competitor by 37,000.
“We never take for granted that our viewers trust us to be fair and accurate and to report the news in context. This is a critical need in our country right now and we see it not only as our duty, but as a key reason for our success,” said David Bennallack, Senior Managing Director of Content.
About Cox Media Group Ohio
Cox Media Group Ohio (CMG Ohio) is a fully integrated media enterprise that includes print and online products for the Dayton Daily News, Journal-News, Springfield News-Sun daily newspapers, and The Oxford Press and The Today’s Pulse weekly newspapers. It also encompasses targeted print and online products such as Dayton.com, Skywrighter, DaytonB2B, SpringfieldB2B and broadcast properties that include WHIO-TV(a CBS affiliate), WHIO 7.2(Dayton’s MeTV affiliate), WHIO News 95.7FM/AM 1290, K99.1FM and WZLR 95.3/101.1 The Eagle.